Automated Medication Dispensing System (AMDS) – User Guide
AMDS is developed by RCTECH Solutions Inc. It is a desktop software application that helps pharmacist to generate prescription labels. AMDS is highly differentiated by its easy-to-use interface and automates Patient information, Medication details and generating the labels. Application needs to be installed on a machine once and can be used as many times you want. There is no expiration period for the application and no limit of machines on which software can be installed.
- Windows Operating System
- 1.3GHz or faster processor
- Minimum 256MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
- 300MB of available hard-disk space
- 1024x768 screen resolution
- Barcode scanner
- USB Label printer for PC and installing software (Recommended -DYMO Label Writer 450 Turbo High-Speed Postage and Label Printer for PC and Mac, USB, Printer and Software, Black/Silver (1752265))
- Operating Systems: Windows (2007 and above)
- Software Requirements: Microsoft excel and access (2007 and above), Adobe Reader (PDF)
Pre Installation Tasks:
- Microsoft office (2007 and above) modules excel and access should be installed.
- Install the following Executable file to save generated labels into PDF format.
This Microsoft addon can be installed from the following path:
- Macros should be enabled for Microsoft excel.
To enable macros in excel, Click on FILE at the left top corner, select ‘options’ and go to ‘Trust Center’. Click on ‘trust center settings’, go to ‘macro settings’ and select ‘Enable all macros’ and check ‘Trust access to VBA project object model’ checkbox.
Go to ‘printer and faxes’, right click on printer and select ‘printing Preferences’, Click on ‘Advanced’ and select page size as ‘20323 Shipping/20253 Address(2 up)’ and Orientation as LANDSCAPE. Click on OK.
While printing, verify the above settings for the label to be generated correctly